Tuesday 8 August 2017

Foiled Again

Hello there,

This week is another DT heavy week, but there are only two new challenges - one tomorrow and one on Thursday - meaning that I had time to also make another little card.

I wanted to use some of my kitty stash, but wasn't sure how, as I also wanted to experiment with creating a foiled effect using embossing powders. This is what I finally came up with:

I used a pre-patterned base card (actually came with a cross stitch kit) with delicate orange flowers. I drew some swirls on some pearlescent green cardstock using a glue pen, and then used Personal Impressions Mirror Gold embossing powder. I layered the image (from Hot Diggidy Dog decoupage pack) onto this panel and layed it centrally on the base card. I used Altenew dies and stamps to create the roses and leaves - stamping with VersaMark and then embossing with the gold on the roses and Wow! Seaglass glitter for the leaves. I layered these onto the base using 3D foam pads.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
CCEE 1731 Emboss it
Sweet Stampin' - Summer Fun
CAGI - time to die-cut
AYLI - fav colour duo - I went for green and pink as they make great combination for nature cards, as well as spring or summer themed cards
scrapbook stamp society #122 Summer
Kort 'O' mania #180 Summer Feeling
SUYP #21 Furrything Goes
simply create too #130 Use Flowers

I also have a couple more pictures from the pond near me:


What is this bright orange thing??

And my patio planters currently:
Pop back tomorrow for our new challenge at Creative Moments!!

Hugz Tinz


7 comments:

  1. Super card and a very cute cat. Your patio veggies look great :-)
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cat Challenges.

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Such pretty roses. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Pretty! Thanks for joining us at CAGI challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Good luck and hope to see you again.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card good luck and hope to see you again at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge gr Monique DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tinz this is a lovely card
    Thanks for join us at
    {ScrapbookStampSociety DT Member}
    Hope to see you again and goodluck

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.